Message from the Chair of Governors
I am proud to be Chair of the Governing Body of Buxton School and a member of the Buxton School Learning Trust.
The Governing Body’s role is to provide strategic direction for the school, supporting and challenging the Headteacher and the leadership team. We aim to make the school a centre for excellence in the local community, to ensure that every pupil achieves the best that they can and that the school reaches out into the community. We also have an important role in setting the budget and monitoring the school’s finances, and responsibilities as an employer for the performance and welfare of our staff.
We work through committees which enable us to get into detail in important areas, such as the data on pupil achievement, staffing structures, and action on inclusion and behaviour. Our Link Governors spend time with subject leaders and in the classroom, so that we can see for ourselves what is being achieved. We aim to be visible, in the school and the community, and to act as advocates for the school.
We are proud of the outstanding work in many areas of the school. Rapid improvements in other areas reflect the hard work and commitment to professional development of all our staff. Visitors to the school often comment positively on the consistently good behaviour of the pupils and the supportive atmosphere throughout the school.
The Governing Body reflects the strengths and diversity of the school and community we serve, and the support provided by our Trust partners.
Chair of Governors.
Alison Money is clerk to the Governing Body, and you can get in touch with us through her.
The Governing Body has 15 members comprising:
- Laura Vlad
- Nadia Arshad
- Emilia Sandoiu
- Jamie Humm
- Jackie Bowers-Broadbent (Head Teacher)
- Rudolph Joubert
- Emma Humm
- Mike Dixon
- Sean Gascoine
- Theresa McGing
- Clare Downing
- Tobi Rufus
- Wendy Levingbird
- Tom Williams
The Main Powers and Duties of Governing Bodies are:
- Ensuring a strategic and systematic approach to promoting high standards of educational achievement
- Setting appropriate targets for pupils’ achievement at every key stage
- Ensuring that the curriculum is balanced and broadly based and that the National Curriculum and religious education are taught
- Reporting on assessments and examination results
- Deciding how, in broad strategic terms, the school should be run
- Setting an admissions policy
- Determining how to spend the budget allocated to the school
- Deciding the number of staff, the pay policy and making decisions on staff pay
- Appointing the Head Teacher, senior staff and other staff
- Agreeing procedures for staff conduct and discipline
- Drawing up an action plan after an inspection
|Buxton All Through Minutes FGB 06 09 2018||21st Jan 2020||Download|
|Buxton All Through Minutes FGB 07 02 19||21st Jan 2020||Download|
|Buxton All Through Minutes FGB 09 05 19||21st Jan 2020||Download|
|Buxton All Through Minutes FGB 11 07 19||21st Jan 2020||Download|
|Buxton All Through Minutes FGB 19 09 19||21st Jan 2020||Download|
|Buxton All Through Minutes FGB 20 09 2018||21st Jan 2020||Download|
|Buxton All Through Minutes FGB 21 03 19||21st Jan 2020||Download|
|Buxton All Through Minutes FGB 29 11 2018||21st Jan 2020||Download|