Staff development at Buxton
At Buxton School we have a carefully differentiated CPD programme that is constantly striving to improve the classroom experience for children and teachers. We endeavour to create a culture in our school where every member of staff becomes continuously curious about learning and engaged in action research about what works best to help our learners.
A rich and varied programme exists which includes:
- A high-quality NQT staff induction programme which includes facilitated sessions, regular timetabled mentor meetings, dedicated time to develop practice by observing peers through learning walks and observations.
- An in house CPD programme which is guided by our SDP priorities
- A bespoke Middle Leader Programme run in conjunction with the Waltham Forest South Area Partnership
- The Olevi Outstanding Teaching Progamme
- The Olevi Creative Teacher Programme
- Termly Secondary Subject Network CPD
- Engaging with the North East London Maths Hub and the Primary Teaching for Mastery Work Groups Programme.
- Networking with The Green School Teaching Alliance and the Davies Lane Teaching Alliance
- Various apprenticeship opportunities
We are interested in pedagogy and to this end we seek out the best research so that we can emulate it. Leadership is carefully nurtured and staff are encouraged to pursue higher learning through: NPQMLs, NPQHs, Degree courses, MAs and Doctorates.